Saint Croix Sailing School honors and enforces the following policies
Racial nondiscriminatory policy
Saint Croix Sailing School Inc. admits students of any race, color, national origin and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship or other school-administered programs.
- It is our policy that every student, as well as instructors, must wear PFDs at all times when on or near the water. No exceptions.
- It is our policy that all students pass a swimming test on the first day of class. Students must be comfortable in the water and must be able to swim 50 feet with a life jacket on.
- It is our policy that all instructors and coaches have Red Cross certification in CPR/first aid and have completed US Sailing instructor training.
- It is our policy to expect students to follow certain rules that promote the safety of all. Parents will be notified of persistent problems with their child’s behavior. Those students who continue to be disruptive may be asked to leave.
- It is our policy to make every effort possible to sail whenever weather permits. If inclement weather is forecast, the class may be conducted on shore. Student safety will always be our highest priority.
- Some of our sessions offer the choice between different types of boats. When assessing the student, SCSS reserves the right to move kids to a different boat if we think that will provide better safety for the child, a better experience, and a better learning opportunity.
- It is our policy that students are not considered registered until a completed registration form and full tuition fees have been received. Some scholarship funds are available based on need. If you wish to make payment arrangements, please contact the school. Space in classes is on a first-come basis.
- It is our policy that if you need to withdraw from a class, a full refund will be made until two weeks before the start of the class; a 50% refund until one week before the class; no refund after that time. If you are able to find a replacement to enroll in the class, the school will make a full refund.
- Gift Certificates do not expire.
- Gift Certificates are refundable, with the exception that after being applied to a registration, our standard refund policies apply.
- Gift Certificates are valid for face value of the certificate only. Note that our session offerings change from year to year, as do our prices.
- Gift Certificates are transferable and are not session-specific. A student receiving a certificate may register for any session they desire.
Federal Employer Identification Number
Our Federal EIN is 26-3596269. This number may be required if you treat class fees as dependent child care.